I needed to duplicate a DVD at work today (relax, it wasn’t a Hollywood movie or anything, just needed to create a backup of a DVD), which I had never done before. After a few false starts, I found out it was really quite easy. I’m throwing this up here in case it helps someone else facing the same task.
Here are the steps I took:
- Insert the original DVD you intend to copy
- Open Disk Utility
- Click “New Image” at the top of the window (the icon looks like a hard drive on a piece of paper with a plus sign next to it)
- Choose a format and destination (I chose “DVD/CD master”)
- When the image is done being created, it will show up on the left hand side of the window, you can now eject the original DVD
- Select the image and click Burn, then follow the prompts to insert a blank writeable DVD